Saturday 7th July 2012 1pm - 9pm
The Patch Is located in Hanover / Elm Grove Area of Brighton ( BN2 3AR)
Entrance to the park is from Picton street / Franklin Street or Hartington road.
Click here to download a map of area or please use Google Maps.
PatchFest is our annual one day summer festival for the whole community.
Upper Stage - Live Music from local talent
Bigger and better with FWCP upping the production level!
Lower Stage - Youth Music & Other delights
Summary of activities & facilities:
- Football Tournament (12 x 5-a-side teams competed in Elm Grove school playground)
- Beer tent (Hartington pub)
- Barbecue - FWCP biggest barby in the world.....nearly
- Tea Tent serving hot & cold drinks with fabulous cakes
- Bastille Market & Stalls (About 40 including bric-a-brac, crafts, games and healing, )
- 2 Bouncy castles and Kids Area
- Climbing wall (provided by Adventure Unlimited)
- Drumming workshop (in Yurt)
- Dr. Bike session (Bikes for Life)
- Story telling (in Yurt), Exhibition of local history, Wildlife Grp consultation stall, Playground
- First Aid (Red Cross) and Toilets
It was a huge success attended by an estimated 1,500 – 2,000 people and apparently enjoyed and appreciated by all. In our survey 30 per cent said they ‘liked’ it and 70% said they ‘loved’ it. Feedback also suggested a very positive impact on the community - 73% of those asked said that they felt the event had ‘increased community spirit’. About 90 new members joined the Friends group at the event or during the days leading up to it – many offering to get involved and help out with future activities.
PatchFest was made possible by the combined effort & talents of about 80 volunteers including mucians and other performers. It was also supported by a City Council grant (£700 for this event from £1,200 total grant).